- [Narrator] Our final topic on SQL Server 2017 on Linux…is the SQL Server Agent.…For those of you who are new to SQL Server,…maybe coming from the Linux side,…SQL Server Agent is the built-in scheduler…that SQL Server uses and it does a little bit…more than scheduling.…Some of the things it's used for in the Windows platform…include parsing the error log for alerts.…It will look for alerts over a certain threshold…if you configure it so and notifying operators.…It's a pretty powerful solution on Windows.…We still have some limitations on the Linux side…that we'll be changing over time,…but we'll talk about those in this session.…
Prior to CU4 of SQL Server 2017,…this was separate install process.…That's kind of an important thing to note.…If you're not on the latest version,…and the latest version as of this recording,…which is March 2018, is SQL Server 2017 CU4,…so it is installed and I image it will continue…to be installed going forward,…but if you're on an older version than that,…it is a separate install.…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.