SQL Server 2012 New Features
SQL Server 2012 is the first cloud-ready information platform for Microsoft. In this course, author Martin Guidry explores its new possibilities, showing you how to protect, unlock, and scale the power of your data, and work with a variety of devices and data sources. The course also provides an overview on obtaining, installing, and running SQL Server 2012 and will be of immense interest to anyone considering upgrading or installing this latest edition.
- Choosing an edition
- Finding and downloading SQL Server 2012
- Using FileTables to enhance FileStream
- Searching unstructured data semantically
- Searching text
- Exploring the Watch, Quick Watch, and Quick Info windows
- Creating user-defined server roles
- Understanding the changes to replication
- Exploring new types of indexes and new options on indexes
- Accommodating changes to database structure
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Martin Guidry, and welcome to SQL Server 2012 New Features. In this course, we'll look at numerous innovative features Microsoft added to it's latest release of SQL Server. I'll start by showing you how to search and manipulate files using the new FileTables. We'll write efficient code that pages through data and handles errors elegantly. Then I'll show you how to use SQL Server Management Studio to de-bug your queries more effectively by setting breakpoints, using the Watch windows, and understanding the improvements to Intellisense.
We'll see how to store user passwords at the database level, instead of the server level. We'll cover all these features along with some other tools and techniques, and we'll try to have a little fun along the way, too. Now let's get started with SQL Server 2012 New Features.
Securing SQL Server 201254,006 Views
Installing SQL Server 2012117,644 Views
SQL Server: Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Functions326,532 Views
SQL Server Integration Services146,059 Views
Designing Database Solutions for SQL Server 201263,802 Views
SQL Server 2008 Essential Training1,609,014 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
SQL Server Reporting Services in Depth508,991 Views
SQL Essential Training1,927,099 Views