Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Release your database to SQL Server: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] Now that we've got…our deployment group set up,…let's create a release definition.…We're going to click on the Releases link…over on the left part of the screen,…and then a little further down…there's the New definition button that we're going to click.…When I do that, it takes me…into the Release Definition screen,…and it asks me to Select a Template.…There's lots of different choices here,…particularly if you're deploying to things like Azure.…There's no specific SQL database deployment template,…but there is one that combines websites and the database.…
So we'll choose that.…When we come in, there's lots of little things…we want to fill out.…The first thing is what's our first environment?…We're going to do Shared Dev.…I'll be the owner.…And then we'll come over here…and see that we have some other things…that need to be filled out.…First of all, Artifacts, there's nothing there.…There's a circle with an explanation point…telling us that the Shared Dev environment isn't complete.…There's even a hint up here that says,…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.