Join Joey D'Antoni for an in-depth discussion in this video Query Store, part of SQL Server Performance for Developers.
- [Instructor] The Query Store is a feature…that was introduced into SQL Server 2016…in Azure's SQL database in the 2016 time frame.…This is one of my personal favorite features…that have been introduced in recent editions of SQL Server.…This is a feature that works across all editions…of SQL Server, so whether you're using Express, Developer,…Standard, or Enterprise, you have access to this feature,…and what is the Query Store exactly?…The Query Store is, simply put, a data recorder…for SQL Server so, it records two main sets of data…as its inputs, and that's…one-time compilation information so,…the inputs that went into generating a query execution plan…for your query, those are captured,…and then it generates run-time statistics,…so how long your query took to run.…
Those two things, really, when you tie them together,…are great in and of themselves.…The Query Store replaces a lot of…what you would have to have had,…used XML query in the past for,…to retrieve data from the plan cache,…which was also very transient,…
- Query execution
- How to read an execution plan
- What not to do with SQL Server
- Why cursors are bad
- Why scalar UDFs are expensive
- Datatypes and design
- What is a columnstore index?
- Transaction isolation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Query Execution
2. What Not to Do with SQL Server
3. Datatypes and Design
4. Temporary Objects
7. Isolation Levels
Next steps2m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.