Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing for the MTA Exam 98-364, part of Database Foundations: Administration.
- Obtaining an official certification of your skills and knowledge is a great way to stand out in a crowded jobs market. Microsoft offers several certification tracks that can help you secure your next job or earn a promotion in your current career. The Microsoft Technology Associate, or MTA Certification, helps people validate their understanding of core information technology's concepts. The MTA certification has three different tracks. The database track, which you can access here includes exam 364, which focuses on the systems required to store and retrieve data.
I specifically organized this Database Fundamentals Series in order to follow along with the requirements of passing MTA 98364. Go ahead and click on this button here below "Exam" in order to find out more information. At the top we have some information on how to register and take the exam and the current pricing. If we scroll down on this page, we'll find a section called "Skills Measured". Here you can see that the exam focuses on five main competency areas. This course, Administration, will go through the material covered by this fifth competency category here, Administer a Database.
This content accounts for about 10 to 15% of the final exam material. Other courses in the Database Fundamental Series here will cover material from the other four competency categories, so keep your eye out for them in the library and consider adding them to your learning playlists. Now if you're not planning on seeking a certification, but do want a solid foundational understanding of how databases work, then this course is still for you. Though I use the MTA exam as a guide, the material is applicable to a wide range of database systems and environments. I'm sure you'll find the course beneficial whether you'll be pursuing the Microsoft Technology Associate Certification or not.
Note: This course will also prepare certification candidates for the "Administer a database" domain of the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Exam 98-364, Database Administration Fundamentals.
- Securing the database server
- Understanding Windows authentication vs. SQL Server authentication
- Assigning fixed server roles and fixed database roles
- Granting object-level permissions
- Understanding ownership claims
- Creating backups
- Restoring a database