Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Populating the data warehouse, part of SQL Server 2012: Designing Database Solutions.
Now that we've created a utility control point,…we'll look at a few of its characteristics.…In Management Studio, when I open up databases,…I now see a new database,…SYSUTILITY_MDW,…which is the data warehouse that's…going to be used to store the data about…the health of various SQL server instances.…Off the "view" menu, I go back to "utility explorer".…I see some information about my utility control point.…
The second item in the tree is "managed instances",…and I'll see my current instance listed here.…From this interface, we can add "new instances",…you can right-click,…go to "enroll instance",…that will take you through the wizard…that would allow you to enroll a new instance.…You'll also see that the instance…has no data available right now,…and that is because this tool is designed to…capture data over time.…Not enough time has passed yet…for the first data capture to run.…So, we're going to go ahead…and force that to run.…
Back in "object explorer",…under the "SQL server agent",…I'll expand that and we'll see some…
- Planning the database infrastructure
- Designing databases vs. data warehouses
- Designing the physical database implementation
- Planning for partitioning
- Adding FileStream data
- Monitoring server health
- Managing SQL Server with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
2. Designing a Logical Database Schema
3. Designing a Physical Database Implementation
4. Incorporating Data Files into Databases
5. Tuning Database Performance
6. Policy-Based Management
7. Monitoring Server Health
Exploring health data5m 3s
8. Managing SQL Server with PowerShell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.