Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Pipelines, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] Over the last couple years Microsoft has…worked to improve their build platform.…One of the changes that has come into effect with their…evolution of the build agent with release et cetera.…Is the notion of pipelines.…In order to execute a build you need a pipeline to be…available on the server.…Ultimately pipelines are a licensing construct, Microsoft…has to spend money and effort to build (mumbles) server…and this is one of the ways that they make sure that…they're getting their fair value.…
By default, you get one concurrent pipeline.…You can then purchase additional pipelines, or if your users…have Visual Studio Enterprise, that automatically gives you…an additional concurrent pipeline.…At the end of the day, you need pipelines to run more builds…and more releases at the same time, if you only build…once a day, one pipeline will work just fine.…On the other hand if your team (mumbles) 20 different…teams all doing lots of check-ins and (mumbles) builds…and releases you're going to need more than one.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.