Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing joins with the Merge transformation, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Okay, now we're going to look at merging data.…We have two packages here and the first…is going to use the merge…and the second is going to use the merge join.…They are slightly different.…First, let's go through and look at doing merging,…and what merging's going to do is it's just…going to take data from one source…and data from another source…and then put them together or merge them.…
Now, both merge and merge join require sorted data.…So what we have here is a connection into…this little color database that we set up,…which really just has an ID, one, two and three…and red, white and blue.…And then we have another one that we set up.…One, two and three.…Green, pink and purple.…And we'll close that on out.…Then we're gonna come into a sort…and each one's going to be sorted.…Now we're going to just pass through the color name.…
That's really what we're going to join in here.…And our ID is how we're going to do the sort order.…So we're going to sort on ID and it's in ascending,…you could do it in descending…or whatever you prefer.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.