Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing joins with the Lookup transformation, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- The Lookup transformation.…The Lookup transformation is a very popular one.…With the Lookup transformation, we're going to take…one data set and reference it into another data set…and then compare the two, that is, we're going to…use one as the lookup and one as the base.…These data sets that I'm bringing in, in this case,…I'm going to use it off of SQL.…However, I could bring it in off of Excel…or flat file or something else.…So first off, let me show you how I set this demo up.…
I selected a source table which is HumanResourcesEmployees.…If I preview it, there it is.…And then I just created a copy of that table…over on the demonstration database which is on…instance two of SQL and I did this by clicking…the New and naming the table Employee.…Then, let me switch over to Mangement Studio.…Then, once I had the employee table I just right-clicked…it and said Edit top 200 rows.…
I went in there and I deleted some of these…national IDs because that's what…I'm going to use to compare.…The source table, with the NationalIDs…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.