At the conclusion of the course, database expert Adam Wilbert recommends additional courses to continue learning more about Microsoft SQL Server. These courses include Database Fundamentals: Core Concepts, Database Fundamentals: Creating and Manipulating Data, and Introduction to Transact-SQL with Jeff Jones.
- [Adam] I hope that you've enjoyed your time…getting a look at what it's like to work…with databases inside Microsoft SQL Server 2016.…If you're ready for more, then I'd like to recommend…a couple of courses to continue on the journey…towards becoming a database administrator.…Consider taking one of my database fundamentals courses…such as core concepts or creating and manipulating data.…And if you're ready for an in depth look at writing queries,…then you want to check out Introduction to Transact-SQL…with Jeff Jones.…Until next time, this is Adam Wilbert,…hoping that you have a great day.…
This course introduces the most important features of SQL Server 2016, and is designed to act as the student's very first look at how the server operates. Adam Wilbert shows how to install a local copy of SQL Server; demonstrates the working environment, SQL Server Management Studio; and walks students through their first hour creating tables, defining relationships, and writing and running queries with Transact-SQL commands. Everything you need to accomplish to create your first database is covered in just 80 minutes. Start watching to get up and running with this professional-grade database management system.
- What is SQL Server?
- Configuring the server
- Creating a new database and data tables
- Joining tables with keys
- Creating a SELECT statement
- Writing an UPDATE statement
- Adding data with the INSERT statement