Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Multiple environments: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] Now we're ready to go back to Releases,…and we're going to go to the release definition for Northwind.…We're going to select the Edit item off the context menu…and now what you'll see here is I want this environment,…but I want it to be for Test and Prod.…So if I hover over it, you'll see I get this nice option…here where a button shows up that says Clone.…So I'm going to click Clone twice.…Now, when I do that, I may not get exactly what I want.…The logi in your brain says,…well I want two environments, so click clone twice.…
Ah, but what we'd like to do…is go from Dev to Test, then into Prod.…So we really don't want to have this extra environment here,…so we're going to have to remove this.…So we'll delete that.…And then what happens here is…we're going to clone this second environment,…and that's going to give us our full pipeline.…Now we need to go in and configure these environments,…so let's click on Copy of Shared Dev,…and we'll call this Test.…Now in a real environment,…you might want to have different environment owners.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.