Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Multiple deployment groups: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] Now I want to set up my release pipeline…to deploy to multiple environments.…Currently, I have a shared dev environment.…I also have, however, a test environment,…and a production environment…where I want to deploy my new database,…and any changes moving forward.…Now if you'll recall,…when we set up the shared dev environment,…I created a deployment group.…And we deployed an agent onto the server.…I need to do the same thing for the other two servers.…So let's go back to the deployment group screen,…and set that up.…
So I'm going to click on the deployment group's link…on my Team Foundation server via my web browser,…and currently you see I have a group here called Northwind.…Now, here's what's going on.…We're going to have three environments.…Shared dev, test, and prod.…I have this group called Northwind.…The problem is it only makes sense in that…this is really the shared dev environment.…Because I might want to add a web server,…but that would be for developers.…I don't want to put all SQL servers in this deployment group…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.