Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving data with data flow, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Alright, now we're gonna take a look…at the concept of moving data on the Data Flow tab.…It's important to understand that there's a Data Flow tab,…which I have highlighted here,…and there's also a Data Flow Task.…Right now I've created this little blank Package…in here it's called NoTasks…and it's just to demonstrate what happens.…If I come over to Control Flow…I've created a Data Flow Task here,…so then if we go over to Data Flow…you'll see I have a Design page open here…and I could add another information, other tasks to it.…
If I go back over to Control Flow…and Delete this task and now go over to Data Flow…it tells me I don't have a Data Flow Task.…So as I say, it's important to understand…there's a difference between a Task and a Flow.…So if I come back over to Control Flow…and add a Task back in.…Just double-click on the Task,…I've now got Data Flow Task.…And go over to Data Flow, there it is.…Back over to Control Flow, add another Data Flow Task,…and I've got these rolling on down like this.…
And if I come back over to Data Flow,…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.