Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the user databases, part of Installing and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Okay, let's take a look…at creating user databases,…which is really a pretty easy little operation to perform.…I'm in SQL Server Management Studio,…and you remember from the last video that we ran,…a user database comes off of a model database by default.…So, however the model is initially configured,…when you create a user database,…that's the template that's going to be used.…So here we're in Management Studio,…and I'm just going to, in Object Explorer,…click Database, right-click, New Database,…and I'll give it a name, User1, and that's fine.…
And you see here's this Initial Size,…and the Log Size, etc.…There's my options.…Again, all of this comes off of model.…See, the collations's at default, the recovery model,…and if I wanted to change it…I would just pull this down here, and say,…change it to Simple, and now I'm going to say OK,…and there we are, wasn't that fascinating?…I can also do it in T-SQL,…and if I do it in T-SQL,…then I can Transact-SQL, which is a script.…
Then I can save that and execute it.…
- Planning SQL Server installation
- Installing SQL Server 2014
- Using the tools: SQL Server Management Studio, PowerShell, and more
- Managing the databases
- Automating maintenance
- Performing backups and recovery
- Importing and exporting data
- Indexing databases
- Monitoring activity, performance, and events
- Implementing security
Skill Level Intermediate
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
SQL Server 2014 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 51m Intermediate
1. Installing SQL Server 2014
2. Learning the SQL Server Tools
Using the sqlcmd utility7m 58s
3. Understanding Data Storage
4. Automating Maintenance of SQL Server
5. Implementing a Backup Plan
6. Importing and Exporting Data
Working with the bcp utility8m 12s
7. Indexing the Databases
8. Monitoring SQL Server
9. Understanding SQL Server Security
Next steps2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.