Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing SQL with the SQL tasks, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- SQL Management Object Tasks…or just SQL Tasks if you want to call them.…I have one up here shown…and that's the Transfer Database Task.…The name, again, is descriptive,…so what we'll do…is I'm going to take…this one demonstration…this TransferDemo, and I'm going to move it over here,…which I've already done to test.…Let's go through and delete that.…So, we can run it again.…Now we'll switch back over here,…and before I run this Transfer Database Task,…let me show you the other ones.…
They're all pretty explanatory.…If you'll notice down here…in your explanation as we move down,…if you create custom error messages for SQL,…that's how we transfer those.…If we have various jobs, SQL Server Agent jobs,…and you want to move them between instances.…Logins, again, that's a security.…Master Store Procedures,…if you create Master Store Procedures,…and you want to copy them on over.…Just general Objects if you want to transfer…SQL Server Objects,…and that's it.…
All these Transfer Tasks.…So let's run the Transfer Database Task.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.