Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Local deployments: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to want to take the…changes we've made to our database project offline…and get it into a local copy of SQL Server.…Step one, I'm going to close the copy that's in TFVC.…I'm not going to use that for the rest of the videos.…So, just a reminder, it doesn't matter…if you're using TFVC or Git for the rest of the workflow.…The key is to be using version control…and pick the one that works best for you and your team.…Let's go over and open up…a project…down here in my repos folder.…
And we'll see we've got this version under source control.…And Team Explorer has thoughtfully switched…back to my Git base version.…Now if we look over here in the Server Explorer,…we see we have the NORTHWIND database on my local machine.…I want to take this copy I have here,…that, just as a reminder, has a new VIP column in it.…The way we're going to get it up there for local testing…is we just right-click on the project…and we're going to select Publish.…
When I select Publish, notice it's doing a build step.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.