- Reviewing the different editions of SQL Server
- Configuring and starting the server
- Touring the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) interface
- Creating a new database on the server
- Creating a data table
- Joining tables together with keys
- Writing Transact-SQL commands
Skill Level Beginner
- [Adam] Hi, I'm Adam Wilbert, and I'm excited to introduce you to SQL Server 2017. SQL Server is Microsoft's professional-grade database platform and the 2017 release makes it easier than ever to start exploring how the system works. In this course, I'll show you how to install SQL Server 2017 on your own PC using the free Developer Edition, how to start and stop a server from running, and how to begin using the graphical interface called Management Studio to create new databases. We'll explore the role of data tables and table relationships in managing your data and begin adding rows of information to the tables using queries written with the Transact SQL language.
If you're new to SQL Server and are looking to get up to speed quickly, then this course is the perfect place to start.