- What is SQL Server?
- Configuring the server
- Creating a new database and data tables
- Joining tables with keys
- Creating a SELECT statement
- Writing an UPDATE statement
- Adding data with the INSERT statement
Skill Level Beginner
- [Adam] SQL Server 2019 is the newest version of Microsoft's flagship database engine. It continues to provide industry-leading security and performance for all of your data storage needs. If you're a data engineer, or a data scientist, or you'd like to become a database administrator, this course will give you a great introduction to working with SQL Server. This course will quickly get you up to speed on what you need to jump in to SQL Server and leverage its power for your own data collection, storage, and retrieval requirements. We'll go through installing SQL Server 2019 on your own PC using the free Developer edition, starting and stopping the server from running, and using the graphical interface called Management Studio to create new databases. We'll also explore the role of data tables and table relationships in managing your data and add rows of information to the tables using queries written in the Transact-SQL language. Hi, my name is Adam Wilbert, and I've been walking people through their first steps in the world of databases for over a decade. We have a great learning journey ahead of us. I'm excited to introduce you to SQL Server 2019, so let's get started.