Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to Windows PowerShell, part of SQL Server 2012: Designing Database Solutions.
- In this section, we're going to talk about using…PowerShell to administer SQL Server 2012.…PowerShell is a command line tool from Microsoft…that's used across many of its products.…Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Exchange…both heavily rely on PowerShell.…Doing SQL Server administration through PowerShell…isn't quite as common, but is still…certainly a valuable skill.…Being PowerShell is a command line language,…it becomes very easy to create scripts.…
Any time you know the commands,…all you have to do is put the series of commands…into a text file, and now you have a script.…There's a few different ways to open…the PowerShell interface on SQL Server.…Here inside of Management Studio there's…several places that I can right click,…such as if I highlight Adventureworks database, right click,…one of the options will be Start PowerShell.…This will open up a new window.…You may or may not get a warning about having…an active Instance of Analysis Services.…
The warning's really not a problem…for what I want to accomplish, I'm not going…
- Planning the database infrastructure
- Designing databases vs. data warehouses
- Designing the physical database implementation
- Planning for partitioning
- Adding FileStream data
- Monitoring server health
- Managing SQL Server with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
2. Designing a Logical Database Schema
3. Designing a Physical Database Implementation
4. Incorporating Data Files into Databases
5. Tuning Database Performance
6. Policy-Based Management
7. Monitoring Server Health
Exploring health data5m 3s
8. Managing SQL Server with PowerShell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.