- [Instructor] One of the more interesting new features…in SQL Server 2017 is the addition of Graph Database.…If you haven't worked with these databases in the past,…let's talk a little bit about some of the fundamentals.…So why do we even start using a Graph Database?…It's always a valid question when we start talking…about different data platforms.…Relational databases have some challenges…around modeling hierarchies and relationships.…You can get into a great deal of recursion,…and this leads to poor performance in terms…of how your SQL queries operate.…
When you're trying to model a hierarchical structure…in a database, SQL Server does have a hierarchy ID datatype.…But it's problematic in terms of performance…and how it scales.…So this graph model allows us to define these relationships.…We define these relationships by using edges and nodes.…An edge represents a relationship,…and a node represents a property.…In terms of how we query this data,…this is another benefit of SQL Server.…We're using Purity SQL.…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.