Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing maintenance plans, part of Installing and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's take a look at creating a little Maintenance Plan.…I'm obviously in SQL Server Management Studio,…and under Management,…if I attempt to start a manage job right now.…Let me do that just to show you it here.…What that's saying is I can't do it,…because SQL Server Agent is not running.…There is a T-SQL script you can run to do that,…or my friend,…which is why I pinned this in the beginning.…I happen to like to work with Configuration Manager.…
I'm going to start SQL Server Agent.…I'm going to right-click it and say Start,…and let her fire up, and switch back over,…and you'll notice SQL Server Agent is running.…Now let's go into Maintenance Plans.…I'm going to right-click, and I'll use the Wizard,…and my Wizard pops,…and Maintenance Plan, some clever name.…Let's just call this MP1.…Run as service account, that's fine.…You see this single schedule…or separate schedules for each task,…and I could change this in here.…
And this is the standard.…We've been using this dialog box since,…I think, SQL 7.0, maybe even 6.5,…
- Planning SQL Server installation
- Installing SQL Server 2014
- Using the tools: SQL Server Management Studio, PowerShell, and more
- Managing the databases
- Automating maintenance
- Performing backups and recovery
- Importing and exporting data
- Indexing databases
- Monitoring activity, performance, and events
- Implementing security
Skill Level Intermediate
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
SQL Server 2014 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 51m Intermediate
1. Installing SQL Server 2014
2. Learning the SQL Server Tools
Using the sqlcmd utility7m 58s
3. Understanding Data Storage
4. Automating Maintenance of SQL Server
5. Implementing a Backup Plan
6. Importing and Exporting Data
Working with the bcp utility8m 12s
7. Indexing the Databases
8. Monitoring SQL Server
9. Understanding SQL Server Security
Next steps2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.