- [Instructor] So the final of the three SQL Server 2017…Optimizer Enhancements we're going to talk about…is Interleaved execution.…And why we're talking about this…is because SQL Server has traditionally used unidirectional,…we'll call it pipe, for optimizing executing queries,…so as your query gets optimized and an execution plan…gets generated, the cardinality estimator…provides row counts in order from right to left…in your query to derive its estimated cost.…And those determine which plans get selected in execution,…and if they're incorrect, SQL Server will still…end up using the plan despite the poor original assumptions.…
And there are some other assumptions that…the query optimizer makes, particularly around…the object we're going to talk about today,…multi-statement table-valued functions.…While many DBAs are aware of how bad…multi-statement table-valued functions are,…they're still widely used, especially in a lot of…ISV or independent software vendor applications,…and they have a fixed cardinality guess.…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.