Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing CSV files into SQL Server, part of SQL Server 2008 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If the data that you want to import is in comma separated values or indeed in…anything that's just a regular text delimited file--…in fact here I've got to some very straightforward values, very similar to the…last time, but they are separated with the vertical bar.…I can also bring this into SQL Server although the way of doing it does have…quite a few different options than doing it with Excel.…So I'm going to go ahead and open up my Import and Export Data Wizard. …I'm going to use the 32-bit one.…
The source I'm going to pick here is Flat File Source.…And when I select that, not surprisingly it's going to ask me to browse to that file, …which is currently saved as a CSV on my desktop.…And once I do that we have a very different screen for determining what that data is.…If I click on the Columns section on the left, it will take a look and think yes,…this column delimiter seems to be a vertical bar, and if you select that, this is…what the date is going to look like and it looks pretty good.…
- Using T-SQL (Transact-SQL)
- Managing databases with SQL Server Management Studio
- Understanding database normalization
- Using SELECT statements
- Building indexes
- Monitoring database size and integrity
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Creating functions and stored procedures
- Managing database permissions
- Creating and formatting reports
- Adding charts to reports
- Creating and executing a simple SSIS package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing SQL Server 2008 R2
3. Tools and System Databases
SQL Server system databases2m 22s
4. Creating Databases
5. Importing Existing Data
6. Retrieving Data with SQL
7. Inserting and Updating Data
8. SQL Functions
9. Stored Procedures and Transactions
10. Core Administration Tasks
11. Backing Up and Restoring
12. Security Features
13. Reporting Services
14. Integration Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.