Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing Access databases into SQL Server, part of SQL Server 2008 Essential Training.
If the requirement you have is to take an Access database and get back into SQL Server,…either all of it or part of it, you have a couple of ways of doing that.…Not surprisingly one of them is using the Import and Export Wizard.…But it's possibly a little different from what you're expecting.…If I pick the 32-bit one, I am going to click the Next button and then when I…select my data source, I could just easily carry on and select Microsoft Access.…It asks me to browse the file.…It's looking for an Access database.…
But I'm browsing to my desktop and it doesn't show up.…That's because it's going to be looking for the old school pre-Access 2007…Access files, .mdb files which are not going to show up.…If I try and bypass that by just selecting all files and then I will select this…classic Northwind Access database.…It's in the .accdb format. I could try that.…I'll click Next and it's not going to work at all.…That's because this original data source is old school Microsoft Access.…
It's not going to work.…
- Using T-SQL (Transact-SQL)
- Managing databases with SQL Server Management Studio
- Understanding database normalization
- Using SELECT statements
- Building indexes
- Monitoring database size and integrity
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Creating functions and stored procedures
- Managing database permissions
- Creating and formatting reports
- Adding charts to reports
- Creating and executing a simple SSIS package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing SQL Server 2008 R2
3. Tools and System Databases
SQL Server system databases2m 22s
4. Creating Databases
5. Importing Existing Data
6. Retrieving Data with SQL
7. Inserting and Updating Data
8. SQL Functions
9. Stored Procedures and Transactions
10. Core Administration Tasks
11. Backing Up and Restoring
12. Security Features
13. Reporting Services
14. Integration Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.