- [Instructor] The SQL Server Management Studio,…if you're not familiar, is built on top of Visual Studio,…which is the traditional IDE that Microsoft has deployed.…SQL Operations Studio, on the other hand,…which is the new cross-platform tool that we're going…to be talking about and demonstrating here,…is build on top of the Visual Studio code,…which is an open-source version of Visual Studio…that has been available cross-platform from the beginning.…It does tend to have less functionality in terms…of compilation, and it's not as robust,…but it's a lighter install,…and let's you do things pretty quickly.…
And what the SQL Server tools team has done is taken…that framework, and used it to build their own set…of tools for this environment.…And it's not a complete match…for a SQL Server Management Studio right now.…I'm saying this in March, 2018,…so if you're watching this years from now,…maybe you can say I'm wrong, but over time…they're going to continue to add features to these new tools,…and they'll become, possibly the preferred tools,…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.