- [Instructor] One of the more interesting parts…about SQL Server 2017 being available on Linux…is the fact that you can install it using Docker.…And for this demo, I'm going to be using my MacBook,…and we're going to be exclusively looking at my Mac,…so just kind of want you to be aware of that…and what we're doing.…I'll talk through each of the steps,…but it's kind of cool to see.…If you're not familiar with Docker,…it uses the notion of containers.…And containers kind of take virtualization one step further.…So containers actually run a little bit closer…to the hardware than virtual machines do.…So they're more efficient, and easier to deploy.…
And when we think of containers,…we think of things that are pretty transient,…probably even more so than virtual machines.…And when you think about databases,…we don't really want transience, right?…We want to persist our data.…So with Docker, we can persist volumes,…and we'll walk through doing that in the demo.…The containers are new,…and a flexible way to deploy software.…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.