Join Simon Allardice for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting values in reports, part of SQL Server 2008 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
I'm a big fan of an incremental approach to writing reports in Report Builder.…Start slowly, get something working, and then add things to it.…So right now we do have this report working and it's drawing information from…three different tables, but there is a little bit I could do to this.…Total Due is basically being output right now just as a money column.…There is no currency formatting and it could do with some. I don't really need…FirstName and LastName to be separated into two columns here.…So I'm going to go back to the homepage of Reporting Services and then select…the drop-down button to edit this in Report Builder.…
Changing the formatting of a report and changing the entire layout is very easy,…even after you've saved it for the first time.…So again, back to this report, selecting any of these cells here will highlight…the field that we're using and allow us to tweak it, allow us to change the…font, allow us to change the background color.…However, some of the options can be a little bit deceptive.…
- Using T-SQL (Transact-SQL)
- Managing databases with SQL Server Management Studio
- Understanding database normalization
- Using SELECT statements
- Building indexes
- Monitoring database size and integrity
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Creating functions and stored procedures
- Managing database permissions
- Creating and formatting reports
- Adding charts to reports
- Creating and executing a simple SSIS package
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Installing SQL Server 2008 R2
3. Tools and System Databases
SQL Server system databases2m 22s
4. Creating Databases
5. Importing Existing Data
6. Retrieving Data with SQL
7. Inserting and Updating Data
8. SQL Functions
9. Stored Procedures and Transactions
10. Core Administration Tasks
11. Backing Up and Restoring
12. Security Features
13. Reporting Services
14. Integration Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.