Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Examining Split and Join transformations, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Okay, let's take a look at Splits and Joins.…You should note that the sections, Splits and Joins,…are really split out into two separate videos.…Later on in this course, we're going to come through,…and we're going to look at the Merge Join transformation,…the Lookup transformation, and the Cache transformation.…I split them out separately because they are very important…and deserve their own section,…apart from the standard Split and Joins.…
The first Split and Join we have up…is the conditional split, and just a glance at the screen…will show you that we're…a little more sophisticated this time.…Some of the things I've done,…I've renamed the different tasks here…so that they better describe what we're doing,…and that's something you really want to do.…So, let's take a look at what we're doing.…We're coming into the person address table,…and let me tab on over to SQL Server Management Studio…and show you that.…So, I'm over here in Management Studio,…and I'm looking at the address table in the person schema,…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.