Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Examining the Rowset transformations, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Now let's take a look at the rowset operations…that we have available to us in Integration Services.…The difference between a row operation…and a row set operation is a row operation,…that we looked at in the previous video,…just operates on a single row.…A row set operation operates on the entire rowset…that we retrieved.…So the first thing we're going to take a look at…is Aggregate.…And what we have is just a source.…And we're coming into Adventure Works…Data Warehouse 2014, and I'm issuing this SQL command.…
I'm gonna Tab on over to SQL Server Management Studio.…Where I have pasted in the command right here.…By the way, you see I've selected Adventure Works DW,…let me know you that if you're not familiar.…If I select it, you see everything turned red?…So I wanna select the right database.…I could also just put a use statement right up here.…Use whatever database I was going to work with.…And then SQL would know what to do,…but if I do that, I couldn't copy and paste.…
So we've got this, and we'll execute the query.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.