Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Examining the Row transformations, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Row Transformations.…Now we're going to take a look…at going in and changing some kind of a data…that we have in a single row.…The first one we have up is Character Map.…What Character map gives us the ability to do…is to go in and make changes such as uppercase,…two upper, two lower, let me show you.…It's looking at this object in here.…Here's the operations that we can create.…As you see, lowercase, uppercase, reversals,…or we can change this linguistic, et cetera.…
I'll cancel.…We're going to do an uppercase change.…To do that, I've got a Flat File Source…that takes me into a Flat File, comma deliminated,…and we're going to bring in a certain column…and make some changes.…Let's take a look at that file.…Here's the CharacterMapping.txt…If I look at it you see this ss, aa.…I'm going to change all of that over into uppercase.…
This is a comma deliminated file,…the column names are Project and Type…and there's a comma, which makes it comma deliminated…and then Project has Blue and Green,…Type has the s's and the a's.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.