Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling FileStream access, part of SQL Server 2012: Designing Database Solutions.
- Before we can work with FileStream data…we will first need to enable the FileStream functionality…at the instance level.…So I'm going to open up a new Query window…and I'm going to run some code that will check to see…what my current level of FileStream access is.…It's "EXEC" for execute, "sp_configure"…and then "filestream_access_level".…When I run this it shows that…the configured value is 0 and the running value is 0.…
So that means, currently, FileStream access is disabled.…If I'd like to enable I'll need to set the value equal to 2.…The command to set the value is very similar…to the command we use to check the value.…I'll just add a comma to the end…and the number 2, and then on the next line…I'll need to add the text "RECONFIGURE".…I'll go ahead an run that, and it says,…"Configuration option 'filestream access level'…"changed from 0 to 2."…If we run the command to check it again…we'll see now that the configured value…is 2, but the running value is still 0.…
We'll need to make some other changes…before that running value will change to 2.…
- Planning the database infrastructure
- Designing databases vs. data warehouses
- Designing the physical database implementation
- Planning for partitioning
- Adding FileStream data
- Monitoring server health
- Managing SQL Server with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
2. Designing a Logical Database Schema
3. Designing a Physical Database Implementation
4. Incorporating Data Files into Databases
5. Tuning Database Performance
6. Policy-Based Management
7. Monitoring Server Health
Exploring health data5m 3s
8. Managing SQL Server with PowerShell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.