Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing a backup plan, part of Installing and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Developing a backup plan for SQL Server,…as I said earlier, your backup plan…is really going to be dictated by the recovery plan.…And remember, the two elements of the recovery plan…is A, how much tolerance do we have…for data that we can lose, and B,…how fast can I get back online?…So with that said, there's some enhancements…within SQL 2014 for backup.…
I can now use Management Studio…to backup to a URL.…Obviously I can backup to Azure.…And Azure, being on the cloud,…is going to require a URL,…so you see those two go hand-in-glove.…And I can do on-the-fly encryption now,…and I believe there's four different methods…of encryption that are enabled within SQL 2014.…And of course they're going to require our certificate.…The types of backups that we have available to us,…full backup, the name is descriptive.…
What we do then is we take…all the data, including the transaction log.…Remember, a database, to be complete,…is both the data pages, the extents…and the transaction log combined.…Together that makes a complete database.…
- Planning SQL Server installation
- Installing SQL Server 2014
- Using the tools: SQL Server Management Studio, PowerShell, and more
- Managing the databases
- Automating maintenance
- Performing backups and recovery
- Importing and exporting data
- Indexing databases
- Monitoring activity, performance, and events
- Implementing security
Skill Level Intermediate
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
SQL Server 2014 Essential Trainingwith Martin Guidry3h 51m Intermediate
1. Installing SQL Server 2014
2. Learning the SQL Server Tools
Using the sqlcmd utility7m 58s
3. Understanding Data Storage
4. Automating Maintenance of SQL Server
5. Implementing a Backup Plan
6. Importing and Exporting Data
Working with the bcp utility8m 12s
7. Indexing the Databases
8. Monitoring SQL Server
9. Understanding SQL Server Security
Next steps2m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.