Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video DevOps overview, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] Let's go through our Tooling Overview…for database DevOps.…In this set of videos we're going to go through…and first have a quick review of DevOps.…Then we'll look at about what are some of…the specific issues around DevOps for databases.…Then we're going to look at two particular…sets of tools that are going to help us…deliver DevOps for databases.…Team Foundation Server 2018 and the SQL Server Data Tools.…We'll also talk about some supporting tools…that are available, and at the end…we're going to have an end-to-end demo…of what you will be able to accomplish…once you've gone through this entire course.…
I really like this quote from Donovan Brown,…"DevOps is the union of people,…"process, and products to enable…"continuous delivery of value for our end users."…Now there's really a lot packed into this single sentence.…And in fact, there's a lot that goes into…DevOps that I'm going to assume you know already,…or, that you can learn through other courses…that are available in the LinkedIn Learning Library.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.