Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video DevOps for databases, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] We think about organizational transformation…around DevOps, databases are sometimes forgotten in the mix.…Fundamentally, we think about databases…and once again this course is focused on…relational databases and SQL server.…They really exemplify that tight bond…between development and operations.…If you think about what the developers trying to do…they're ultimately trying to grant wishes.…They're trying to make the changes necessary…to deliver that value to the users.…
When it comes to databases…that means making changes to the database structure,…adding new features, adding new code.…On the other side of operation you have DBAs.…DBAs tend to be very protective of their databases.…DBAs makes the systems up, performant…and that ultimately there's no data loss.…Therefore, they often aren't really eager…to let developers randomly make changes.…And in fact, DBAs are often known as the gatekeepers.…
Fundamentally, we think about database DevOps.…The end goal is the same just like for regular application.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.