- Using Precedence Constraints.…Precedence constraints, which we've worked…with already, can be very helpful for not only controlling…a work-flow but also in troubleshooting…because depending on the outcome of a certain task…we can redirect a work-flow into some procedure…that we wanna have happen that would…help us in troubleshooting.…A procedure such as a logging or sending mail…or notifying an operator etcetera.…
What I'm showing you here is we have…the Initiate which is just a script task…and then I've taken three outputs.…I've run three other script tasks…and one's going to Run on Success…and one's going to Run on Failure…and one's going to Run on Completion.…You can use your own imagination…realizing that within troubleshooting…depending on the outcome we may want…to some kind of logging on failure…or whether it's succeeds or it fails…then we want to make some kind of a log…or send them notification etcetera.…
Precedence constraints not only can be of a type…that is success, completion or failure…but within the precedence constraint editor…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.