Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Deployment, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Okay, we're going to deploy a project,…which is very easy now since we have SSIS 2012.…So I have two instances of SQL running.…I've got the default where we already created…a catalogue, and then we've got instance two…where we have not created the catalog.…So let's go ahead and do that.…The catalog will be where we're going to…actually deploy the project.…So we'll just call create catalog.…We'll enable CLR integration.…CLR integration gives me the ability…to bring the common language Runtime…into the same scope as the package…so that I can use it.…
Now I'm going to put a password in here.…We're okay, so we'll say OK.…Now we have a catalog,…SQL Server Integration Services DB.…We can use that for deployment.…So let's switch over to data tools.…What I've got up in here,…I've got a solution that's got…two projects within it.…I'm going to just right click this project…down here and we're going to set it to build.…Go ahead and build it,…make sure she builds.…
We'll just go through and we'll call deploy.…Now we're just going to walk through the wizard.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.