Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Deployment groups, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] One of the great things about using…Team Foundation Server 2018 to deploy your SQL…server databases is that Microsoft has provided…a new piece of technology that they call deployment groups.…Deployment groups remove some of the complications…that we had in previous releases…when trying to deploy to SQL server.…Release Management uses the notion of…task objects to do deployment items.…So maybe you're going to do a file copy, that's a task.…Maybe you're going to run a SQL service installation,…that could be a task.…
The previous task that we used for SQL server…used a technology called WinRM.…The bottom line is while you didn't have to have…anything on the specific deployment target machine,…like SQL server,…you still had to get it all configured,…and that often had complexities related to the network,…certificates, et cetera.…With deployment groups,…you only have to get the agent installed and have it…be able to communicate back with Team Foundation Server.…That's it.…
You'll then be able to deploy web servers,…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.