Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Deployment groups: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- In order to create a deployment group,…you're going to come over and access the Build and Release hub,…and you're going to select the Deployment Groups option…from the menu.…Now, right now I don't have any deployment groups,…so I'm going to click the big blue button in the middle…that says add deployment group.…When I do that, I give it a name.…And we'll call this SQLServers.…But, maybe that's not a great name because,…if you think about it, I might want to add web servers,…I might want to add mid-tier restful servers,…who knows what I want.…
So, in fact, let's think about the application…we're deploying.…We're deploying the Northwind database.…So, we'll call this deployment group Northwind.…And we'll say servers related to the Northwind application.…Actually, we'll put database and application.…And we'll hit Create.…Now, once you have the deployment group,…you'll notice over here on the right-hand side…of the screen, it says what type of computer…are you going to use?…A Windows one, or as you can see,…today there's three different versions of Linux available.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.