Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Deploy app to shared dev: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] I've switched over…to my Team Foundation Server…and I'm looking at the Builds hub.…Now currently we have this build called Northwind.…Let's go in and click the ellipsis button…and select Edit.…If you look at it right now it goes through…and it builds a Northwind solution…which is going to create the DACPAC for us.…Because I added the website project to the solution,…it will also compile it,…however, I would like it to package up…the website in a deployment format…that is usable by my web deployment task.…
To do that,…I need to add some additional MSBuild Arguments.…Now the syntax for this is not super complicated,…but I don't always remember it.…The nice thing is Team Foundation Server…makes it easy to figure it out.…All you need to do is come over here…and open up a new tab for the build hub,…switch over there and say 'New'.…When you select 'New',…there's going to be a list of templates…and you want the ASP.NET (PREVIEW) template.…
Click apply.…And if you come over to the Build solution task…you'll see they've added all these MSBuild Arguments.…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.