- Variables and parameters.…We've already taken a look at variables,…but we're going to take another quick look at them.…We're going to use them quite a bit in expressions.…So I've just got control flow open here,…and if I right click, I can go into variables.…You've seen this before.…So here I'm showing two variables.…If we drill across, we can see that it's…got a scope, and it's got a data type,…and the values.…Here's expressions.…As a matter of fact, let's go ahead…and open that very quickly.…
So here's expression builder,…and within expression builder…we can use the different variables that we have.…So as we come on down you see here's…my user variables.…If I expand system, here's all the system variables…that I have available to me.…Now if you want to know a little more…about your variables, if you just select…a variable and then we hit F4,…we'll open the property box for the variable.…We can come through…and we can see other information.…
So there's the description,…which we have nothing in the description.…But we have an expression, so if we added…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.