Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Dealing with drift: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- Alright, we're back on Brian's machine…and I did some clean up, just closed some…extraneous windows that we had open from…doing the data comparison from earlier.…At this point we want to make sure that our source of…the truth, the version of the data base project…that's in version control, is what we have in our database.…Sometimes people still fall back to their old habits.…I know you wouldn't, but they go in and they make changes…to the database online inside SQL server.…
So let's imagine that someone went over…to my copy of Northwind and decided that they wanted to have…a VIP column in the employees table.…So, let's say they came in here added a VIP bit column,…and saved it, online, with out going through…our change process.…We want to find out about that and if necessary,…get that changed into our local project.…I can come over here to my project in "Solutions Explorer"…and select "schema compare".…
On the left the source is my project.…I actually want to select the server.…So we'll come over here and select, "Northwind"…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.