Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Data motion and static data: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] When you start thinking about static data…and data motion, SSDT does have a couple ways…for you to get some help on that process.…Just remember, when it comes to data motion in particular,…it's up to you to understand the structure of your database,…the dependencies and how you're going…to make any significant changes.…If we go back over to Visual Studio,…and go to our Solutions Explorer,…and we'll get rid of the test items for now,…'cause we're done with that.…
If we expand our database project,…you'll note we have the various files that represent…our objects in the database.…It turns out you can add additional files that run…as part of the deployment process.…So if I come over here to my Project node,…right-click, and select Add, I can cove over…and select New Item.…When I do, I get a list of all the available objects…that it understands.…It knows things like programmability.…If we come down here, we see things like user scripts,…and then notice, we have pre- and post-deployment scripts…that we can use for doing things like data motion…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.