Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Data loading with the Execute SQL task, part of SQL Server Integration Services (2015).
- The Execute SQL task.…The Execute SQL task is one of the handier tasks…that we have in Control Flow.…The name of the task, Execute SQL…is descriptive of what we can do.…We can place SQL statements into the…Execute SQL task, and then run them.…So, we could do things such as create tables…but it's normal to use Execute SQL…to go on down and hit a database…and to run some kind of a query.…Either a query and return a singleton…such as doing a count…or a query and return a result set…or a query and to return some type of an XML output.…
We can also run stored procedures.…So, within a stored procedure…we would just call the stored procedure…passing any parameters and then…if it passed back a result…we would bring that result on back.…I would also say that the most difficult part…of the Execute SQL task is the mapping…of the parameters when you're passing in…multiple parameters and receiving multiple results back…because the data mapping between SQL and .Net…is not necessarily a one for one…so you gotta kind of pay attention to that.…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.