Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Data Preparation tasks, part of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Data preparation tasks.…Now when we say data preparation tasks,…don't let us mislead you by the words!…What we really mean here,…is reaching external from the system…and going out and grabbing files,…such as doing a file transfer…over from an FTP server,…or going out and watching a certain file location…within our system or external to our system…and then transferring that file on over.…
It's Step One of our ETL.…Within preparation tasks we have…this terrific task called the Data Profiler.…Now what we're going to do with data profiling…is we're going to look at the data…and the metadata about the quality of that data,…and then we'll go through and look at…certain patterns, interdependencies,…and see if there's any redundancies…or if we have uniqueness, etc.…Word to the wise, the data profiler works only with SQL,…so we cannot bring in say, flat files,…but if you want to use the data profiler with a flat file,…then what you're going to need to do,…is bring that flat file into your system,…and then use the execute SQL task…
- Creating SSIS packages
- Coding and looping tasks
- Managing and administering SQL with SSIS tasks
- Optimizing data for extraction
- Making packages dynamic with variables and parameters
- Using sequences in a container
- Performing joins
- Handling errors
- Working with XML
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
2. SQL Server Integration Services Tools
3. SQL Server Integration Services Tasks
4. Data Flow
5. Variables, Parameters, and Expressions
6. Performing Joins
7. Debugging SQL Server Integration Services Packages
8. Common Designs in SQL Server Integration Services
Where to go next37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.