Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Continuous integration, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] So we have a quote here from Martin Fowler…who's considered one of the godfathers…of Continuous Integration.…But at the end of the day,…Continuous Integration is all about being a good team member…and sharing with your team on a regular basis.…When we have Continuous Integration,…what we're doing is taking our work…from our local work station…and we're saying we think it's good enough to be shared,…which means we want to have smaller units of work.…And then we're using the build server…as a validation technique to make sure things are okay.…The idea behind Continuous Integration…and how it's implemented in Team Build is really simple.…
When you take changes and you check them in…if you're using TFVC or when you do a push,…the build server will kick off a build…and run the build process.…The whole point here is to find problems more quickly.…Now, so far we haven't looked at unit tests too much.…And when we think about databases,…because they need data, it makes doing unit tests,…particularly in the truest sense…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Services (2017)with Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.