Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Continuous integration: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Brian] We have our build all setup to go,…but right now the only way it runs…is if a person clicks the button…and we want to change that so that if I commit…or check in code and share it with my team,…that I get a build as soon as possible.…So let's come over here and enter our build definition.…Click on the triggers option…and we're going to check this trigger status to enable.…And you'll note that there's a bunch of options here…around the repository to control which branches…you can work with etc., whether you have any filters.…
In our setup though, our repository is only for our database…at this point, so we don't need any of those settings…and we want to build off a master.…So all the default settings are good to go.…We just need to save this change.…We'll say enable CI on Master.…Click Save.…And now let's go back over to Visual Studio.…We have our solution here.…Let's refresh this project.…Now let's just update the glyph.…
I have no current changes.…And let's see about updating something.…Let's go into, how about one of our store procedures…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
DevOps with Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Paul Hacker1h 12m Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.