Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Continuous deployment, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] At this point,…we're able to release our database hands-free…into our development environment.…But what if we would like that to happen automatically?…Release management supports the notion…of continuous deployment…where deployment can be kicked off by an artifact changing.…In our case, we're using Team Build.…So if a team build that's an artifact…for our particular release completes successfully,…that can cause the release to kick off automatically.…
This is how we enable a CICD pipeline.…A developer makes a change to code.…They share that code with the team…via a commit or a check in.…That causes a build to kick off.…The build runs.…And if the build's successful,…that can cause a release to execute.…When that release starts up,…it will go through and automatically do…whatever is described in a particular environment.…You would have the ability, which we'll see later,…to have multiple environments setup in a pipeline,…kind of an A to B to C,…or release management even supports a fan out approach…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.