Join Brian Randell for an in-depth discussion in this video Continuous deployment: Demo, part of DevOps for the Database with TFS 2018.
- [Instructor] Okay, I closed up some of the tabs…we had open from browsing around,…and I'm back at the releases hub…inside Team Foundations Server in my browser.…We see we have one release…for the Northwind release definition.…I'm going to come over here to the ellipsis,…click it, and select Edit from the menu.…Now, at this point what I would like to happen…is when a developer pushes a change…up to Team Foundation Server, and the build runs,…and that build succeeds, I would like my release…to kick off automatically.…
So, to do that, I'm going to click the lightning bolt…on my Artifact.…This is the Continuous Deployment trigger button.…And I'm going to come over here to the right of the screen,…and change the toggle from Disabled to Enabled.…You know, there's additional controls here that you have,…but at the end of the day it's that simple.…We'll click save,…type in a comment like enable CD.…We'll click OK.…And then, I want to show you one last thing…before we go and start the pipeline.…
If you go to History, just like build definitions,…
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2018
- SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Configuring version control of a SQL database
- Installing and importing a database
- Setting up users, team build, agents, and pipelines
- Handling changes, branching, and merging
- Making local deployments
- Building a database for SQL Server
- Continuous integration
- Continuous deployment
- Working with multiple groups and environments
- Testing databases using frameworks
- Working with static data and data motion
- Versioning a database
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Tooling Overview
2. Version Control Your Database
3. Build Your Database
4. Release Your Database
5. Test Your Database
6. Real-World Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.