- [Instructor] So I feel like one of the main…differences between DBAs that work traditionally…in a Linux environment vs. traditional…SQL Server DBAs is the kind of tools they use…to manage their environment.…Anyhow, when I worked on Oracle, I mostly used…SQL Plus, which is a command line tool.…Infrequently I used it from the server…operating system.…Most SQL Server DBAs manage their server…using SQL Server Management Server.…And you can still do that on the Linux platform,…like you saw on the last video where we…created that CLR assembly.…You can totally use Management Studio for…just about everything.…
However, folks, system admins, and Linux folks…who are a little more Linux centric,…may choose to use command line tools.…And SQL Server gives us a number of options for these.…And one of the kind of interesting things is…Microsoft has made all of these…command line tools cross-platform.…So whether you're using a Mac,…whether you're using a Linux machine,…or whether you're using Windows,…all the tools I'm going to talk about are available…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.