- [Narrator] So in recent versions of SQL Server,…Microsoft has introduced a lot of hybrid functionality,…whether it's the ability…to add an ability group replica in Azure,…or take back-ups to Azure,…or even extend a table into Azure…using Azure Stretch Database,…there have been a number of features…that you can take advantage of,…and some of them are more useful than others.…The one I'm going to talk about here…is new to SQL Server 2017,…and it's Bulk insert from Azure Blob Storage.…If you haven't used any…of these hybrid features in the past,…I think this one's probably a good introduction,…even if you don't have a use case,…into just kind of how things work…of the interaction between a storage account…in your on-premises or even in Azure infrastructure…as a service, SQL Server database running in a VM.…
This new feature in particular allows us…to bulk load data from Azure Blob Storage.…You may ask "why is that useful?"…Well, there's lots of scenarios I can think of,…one of which would be…that Azure's Hadoop offering, HDinsight,…
- Querying with SQL Graph
- String functions in SQL 2017
- Adaptive query processing
- Docker containers and SQL
- Deploying CLR code with SQL Server on Linux
- Working with SQL Operations Studio
- Using snippets
- Code deployment using GIT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. New Features Overview
2. Adaptive Query Processing
3. SQL Server on Linux
4. SQL Server Operations Studio
Using snippets3m 57s
Next steps1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.